Thursday, July 06, 2006
AJ's favorite holiday
One would think that being named Abraham and resenting it and nearly hating every national monument, that AJ would have a favorite holiday like Halloween or Grandparent's Day or Christmas. No. He LOVES the 4th of July. The most obnoxious holiday there is. In some ways, my sweet and mature husband is a 14 year old boy. Lots and lots and lots of fireworks, and the bigger the better and can we go to Wyoming to get the REALLY big ones?? Especially he loves to light them off with other little boys. Our cousins, DJ 11 and Ben & Jackson 8, are some of his best buddies and partners in crime. We went to see Nanny McPhee with them in the morning, took them to our annual pancake breakfast (my tradition, but we agreed, never again at IHOP, due to the wait), then we went down to Sam & Laura's. AJ took the boys firework shopping (even though he had been picking up some "great deals" throughout the week), while I chilled with my favorite Aunt & Uncle. It works out because I'm their favorite, too. To avoid angry comments, except for Beebe. We ate a lot, played games, and then it got dark. An hour and a half (and only one burnt thumb) later they had burned up everything they had bought, and retired satisfied. Only 363 days till next 4th of July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds like a GREAT 4th of July. Why do you want to move away from them? It rained here and we still went to the Splash Park, where my boys got in and I had no towels. Lucky for them they are still young and their dad is a softy (he went home and got them towels). Stay near Sam and Fam for as long as possible (even if it's just for the 4th for your hubs).
I does sound like you had a nice 4th of July, but I'm not sure I like what I'm hearing about IHOP (or as Jill, Matt, Kevin D, David Foster and myself refer to as PO-HI) It is one of our favorite places to eat breakfast. We've had some good times there. Methinks you should give it another chance.
Fun, fun, fun!
Although I was saddened by the whole "I'm their favorite niece" bit, I know it's true, so I'm dealing with it!
I like your variation of the annual pancake breakfasts we've all been too at church. IHOP would be preferable of the two.
Ha! That is funny. I remember my Dad really liking fireworks too, but not that much. I had an uncle that went to Mexico to get the REALLY good ones!!
I love breakfast too! But I have found that the best place for breakfast is at Sally B's house! The food is great and so is the company. So come on up sometime, and I'll introduce you to Montana Waffles, or make you biscuts and gravy. What is your favorite? We would love to see you!
Post a Comment