She picked sushi. So I was thinking I'd just order something else, or just eat light, or whatever. But as I started to look down the menu, it mostly sounded delish! So I had to remind myself, it's just sushi. Not that great. Then my eye caught on the vegetarian rolls. I ordered the Buddha rolls with okay, I don't really remember what all was in it, but WOW! It was TDF. I could eat it every day for lunch. Thanks, Shelby. And remind me what the restaurant is called if you do visit lil bloggy here.
Friday, July 28, 2006
Sushi is tasty
I always thought I just tolerated sushi. It just didn't really do much for me. But tomorrow is Shelby's birthday (colleague in the Office of Research), so we took her to lunch today, her pick.
She picked sushi. So I was thinking I'd just order something else, or just eat light, or whatever. But as I started to look down the menu, it mostly sounded delish! So I had to remind myself, it's just sushi. Not that great. Then my eye caught on the vegetarian rolls. I ordered the Buddha rolls with okay, I don't really remember what all was in it, but WOW! It was TDF. I could eat it every day for lunch. Thanks, Shelby. And remind me what the restaurant is called if you do visit lil bloggy here.
She picked sushi. So I was thinking I'd just order something else, or just eat light, or whatever. But as I started to look down the menu, it mostly sounded delish! So I had to remind myself, it's just sushi. Not that great. Then my eye caught on the vegetarian rolls. I ordered the Buddha rolls with okay, I don't really remember what all was in it, but WOW! It was TDF. I could eat it every day for lunch. Thanks, Shelby. And remind me what the restaurant is called if you do visit lil bloggy here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I discovered Sushi last year in Phoenix. I frequented one particular Sushi bar for lunch a couple of times, go to know the bartender. Freshwater eel is just scrumptious. Interestingly, it felt like I was in a real bar, except no alcohol or smoke, it was kinda fun.
Um, no thanks. Not for me. Not a big fan of anything that comes from the ocean. Except for Starkist tuna in a can.
You would like it here, though. It seems like a new sushi place is going in at every new little shopping center in Roseville!
I don't like fish, and I like my meat well-done (emphasis on well) Therefore, I have never tried sushi, and probably never will. Oh well, I'm not heart broken.
I eat vegetarian sushi all the time! I love it. Also look for Moki ice cream on the menu. It's really different and really good. It is little ice cream disks wrapped in a sugary rice thing (sounds weird, is quite delicious). I have found a few decent places here, not none that have knocked my socks off yet. I'll find it though, this area is reasonably metropoliton.
So Veggie sushi is seaweed? What raw sefood is there that is not an "animal"?
Janel likes the veggie California sushi rolls that have avocado in them.
Karin -- Sushi is a style of preparing food, not raw fish. I am allergic to fish, so vegetarian sushi is great for me (and very healthy I might add). I usually get cucumber avacado maki and a side of edemame (soy beans -- very delicious) and miso soup. You might like any of those items. I found this link that explains sushi very well. I hope you like what you learn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi
YUMMM! I love the rainbow roll. Salmon, Tuna & Yellow tail very very tasty! Aaron served in Japan and hates sushi, I however LOVE it!! The best I ever had was in D.C.
Post a Comment