Saturday, November 25, 2006

Middle names


Ann and Pie have picked a girl name if it comes out a girl. But if it comes out a boy, they have a first name only: Cy, after Grandpa. With their long and unusual Persian last name, middle names are tricky. I've taken it upon myself to compile a list of potential middle names for the little guy. I was just going to call Ann this morning and let her know some good options, but then I thought, hey, maybe the blogging community at large would like in on the fun task.

I decided 3 syllable middle names go best with one syllable first names for the most part, so that's how I made my list. Feel free to add whatever you think sounds nice, though. The one exception on mine is Nielson, again after Grandpa.
Avery
Benjamin
Konstantine (after Pie's bff)
Gabriel
Hamilton (which I realize probably appeals more to Jill, the Summer Magic fan)
Harrison
Joshua
Nielson

AJ wanted to throw in Ignats, and act like I said it. Don't worry, he has just as horrible suggestions for our little Fetey.

By the way, I just love Avery. If we were going for gender neutral, we would name our kid Avery Kelly Righter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Em you really need to find out today what you are having...and pick your out own baby's name. But I do love some of these suggestions.

Heather said...

Emily,
I love the name Avrey Kelly Righter! On eof my BFF's named her daughter Avrie Victoria...

as for the Fardanesh family, I have no suggestions. They have done well so far, I have faith that they will pick something suitable and not tacky :)

Ann said...

Thanks for the help, Em. I'm glad you're having fun with this. I did mention that neither name is definent, though, right? We are incredibly spontaneous people!!

Unknown said...

I know, Ann. That's why I declined to even mention your girl name.

And Karin, the insurance doesn't even kick in until Dec. And then I have to see who can squeeze me in the fastest . . .I promise to call you first.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you have a litter. With all the hard work and dedication you have put in on naming babies (maybe other things as well), it would be a shame to let them all go.

Perhaps you should be a city planner so that you can name streets. I see a second career for you if stats doesn't work out!

Karen B said...

I think you should name your child in memory of John Righter who cofounded Selchow and Righter, producers of Parcheesi and Scrabble in the late 1800s. FYI, Wikipedia calls John Righter a jobber. The definition of that word is just someone who produces and licenses other people's games but it would be nice to tell your friends this is our son John. Named for some jobber in the 1800s.

Karen B said...

Or Speech Righter