The movers have still not arrived. It is now 3 weeks since we moved into our apartment, which means that even by the written contract they'll be in violation as of midnight tonight. But this is the least of it. They have promised several different days on which our belongings would show up, so we wait around the apartment all day and they don't show. The entire company has stopped taking AJ's calls and won't return his messages.
I'm pregnant, and I miss my bed and my pots and pans. I mean, frozen pizza cooked on tin foil is awesome for a few days, but I've about reached my limit. This morning I laid in bed, trying to think of everything we used to own in case it never comes back - there's a LOT!
There are only a few irreplaceable things, like all my journals since I was a kid, and pictures, and well, stuff. Some things I'll be glad to be rid of. Okay, specifically one thing: this horrible hat that AJ has that the really awkward kids in high school may have owned in an attempt to be cool and carefree. I've always tried not to be mean to those kids, but when I'm married to one of them that won't let go of those losery years . . .
The saddest part for my little blogging community (you) is that the cord that connects the camera to the computer is in some box some where. So the few pictures we've taken of our new picturesque surroundings and fun events (read: Fake Thanksgiving) won't be available for some time.
Otherwise we're doing great. AJ has 2 job interviews lined up for next week. I'm in the waiting to hear back stage. Of course, AJ can't do the electrical gig he had lined up without his tools, and the guy who hired him really wanted to move his family in by Christmas. Tough luck, Hendersons.
We like to read Harry Potter to each other. And on the excellent service front, I'm going to whole-heartedly plug Blockbuster Online. They are the polar opposite of New Planet Moving and Storage. The lake is even lovelier to walk around with the changing leaves. See, my life rocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Perhaps the movers can't find you without your bat signal.
me is sure the movers will find ya... One way or another.......or maybe carierfamily is right...but out a bat signal...LOL.......
Good to know that yer life rocks...that's good news...
Did you already pay the movers? I would be so frustrated right now! I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I think moving is hard enough without all this C-R-A-P. I feel for ya.
Wow. What a fiasco! I would me an emtional stress pot about now. Sending positive energy and thoughts and stuff your way. ;)
Glad your life rocks anyway. I think when you add Harry Potter to any life, it has the potential to be wonderful. LOL
Chelle
Oh, by the way, we're linking you on our blog! ;)
Chelle
I feel quilty, that my stuff is mostly put away. I'm sorry to hear about the moving problems. Now I won't complain about the 4 trips to Idaho to get our stuff. I hope things work out soon.
i tagged you on my blog...it will give you something to do while you wait for the movers to deliver your clean underwear.
-hope it comes soon!
Post a Comment