Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Tribute to the Yeagley Girls

This post is long overdue. Ali is the most wonderful friend anyone could hope for. If she does something fun, even if it may seem minor, she will call us and invite us. If our car is broken down (again), she drives from her home (like 25 minutes, I think!) to pick us up and take us where we need to be, then does the drive home, too. Karen is also good like that, but she has a grown-up job, whereas Ali is a graduate student with a bit more flexibility, so Ali gets stuck with us a bit more.

When we had nothing, these two loaned us an air mattress, bedding, folding chairs and card table, microwave (that one came from Cousin Liz), and games and books. Who needs stuff with friends like that?

From before we moved here, we were involved. Fake Thanksgiving was the big event, of course, but we had automatic invitations to Gilmore Night and dog walking excursions. Speaking of dogs, I am now an animal lover. If those animals happen to be Murphy, Casey, Jack-Jack, Sophie, and Paul Groineger. And Bean, let's not forget unassuming, shy, fat Bean. But it's huge strides for me, girl who previously sweat and cried over animals coming too close. I still don't pick up their poop, but I blame my heightened sense of smell through pregnancy for that one. It will come.

Ali has also assured me that once our little angel pops out, she and Karen will be on hand when I'm going insane just for naps. I love naps, and I really will miss them extra when a crying baby won't let me have them.

To the Yeagleys!

5 comments:

SallyB said...

I'm glad to hear that you finally got your stuff from the movers. I do know that when that baby pops out, naps will be a necessity, but since it is only one, you can nap when she naps....it is when you get two angels, that napping really becomes difficult! Congrats on your job! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the Yeagley Girls and I haven't seen them in years. Ali has some of the best postings and comments. Karen/Phil, I wish would post more, has great comments and has made you like animals. Need I say more?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Em! I needed the boost this week. I am up to my eyeballs in work and I'm trying to register for classes at the same time (far more complicated than you think). I might have Jakey come help me with my house today for game night. I still need to install those blinds and finish my Christmas wrapping before turkey day. I'll call you in bit... currently at the car dealership for service.

PS - Thanks for the shout out Karin!

Ann said...

It's good to know you're being taken care of, all the way on the other side of the US. Thanks, Yeagleys!

Karen B said...

As a Yeagley I can tell you that the Righters nee Stewart make it quite enjoyable to be helpful. And, just so you know Em, one of the dogs you have so lovingly allowed to be near you bit a stranger on the butt yesterday. So you are braver than you think.