A family tradition we had for Conference Weekend growing up was crepes. Since I stopped going to my mom's house for conference that tradition pretty much ended for me. This year I said, not now. I live across country, I'm not pregnant, I'm a home-owner! (don't ask how that one fits in - not sure). I will eat crepes! It took me until Tuesday night, but I had them for dinner tonight, while H watched me. I made them, all by myself, and they were awesome. I put peanut butter and whopper chocolate malt syrup on some, and lime juice and a sprinkling of sugar on others. Be jealous.
Or not, since the other part of this post is general conference. I really loved Julie Beck's talk about Motherhood. I also loved Elder Wirthlin's talk on Charity. You can access all the talks (audio & video) here, in case you missed any, want to do some early re-listening, or have never heard of General Conference before. We're the Mormons!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
If you are looking for a really great crepe recipe, Scott has his grandfather's recipe, and you know how we all feel about the French family recipes.
Bryan makes crepes but the boys don't like them so it has been a while since we had them.
I enjoyed Julie Beck's talk as well, did AJ take away the same message you did?
My 3 fav talks: Sis Beck & Elder Oaks on "you can do it! Be a little better!" and Elder Wirthlin on Christ-like love with the example of Elder Nelson behind him, supporting him with love. Loved it.
Crepes are not my thing. So we had delish French toast instead. Get it? Both "French"...
I loved conference this year! We actually figured out how to get the audio and visual over the internet to play at the same time, Carter slept through the entire first session and Ammon actually listened. I agree that Sister Beck's talk was awesome, it inspired me to try to be a better mom.
You didn't tell them what we did instead of crepes for conference day. We got 12, yes that's one dozen Cinnabon rolls. I had one for every meal over the weekend and that was all I ate until Sunday night at Dave's party.
i found your blog via dawns blog, i like owen wilson too.
hi
I've honestly never had crepes!
Hi! Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out!
I'm hosting more giveaways every week - so keep checking!
Thanks!
I had crepes for conference weekend too! Yummy!
Post a Comment