Saturday, October 06, 2007

Organization inspiration

Have you guys heard of the fly lady? I did for the first time ever, and I just wanted to give you a taste of my new joy and inspiration for cleaning and organizing this mess, so here's a video she emailed me (I signed up yesterday)
http://flylady.net/pages/jumpcut_video1.asp
I know there are people who need it more than I, but I am a little overwhelmed, and gosh I like her style - so encouraging and enthusiastic. Yes I can shine my sink!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a little lost actually. Is the point that you can achieve peace through clean sinks or that nastiness skulks in your sink if you don't clean it before you bath your babies?

Unknown said...

No, sorry, she helps with all sorts of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome), but the first step is a shiny sink. Because then you can feel really good about making progress, and it will encourage you to do your dishes immediately, clean up the counters around it, etc. Just a springboard into clean goodness.

karin said...

I heard about her YEARS ago and I thought I told you about her. I tried it for a little while but that was when I was working and schooling and email was not a MAJOR part of my life.
I try to have a clean sink when I go to bed though because then when I get up, I don't have stuff waiting for me.

shauni said...

I love the fly lady!! I have only visited her site a couple of times, but she is so inspiring. I also love to shine my sink regularly.

Ann said...

I know Fly Lady well, although I'm not a Fly Baby. I tried for a while, but I officially signed off for 2 reasons. All the emails were overwhelming and I don't like to wear shoes.

Karen B said...

Here is the bad cycle I run into with this solution.
1. I don't want to actually do my dishes.
2. I think I may put them on the floor as she suggests.
3. My gross dogs will lick all the dishes "clean" because they are on the floor.
4. I will be too lazy to rewash them still.
5. Nobody will want to come to my house and eat there because they will know they are covered in dog slobber.
6. If nobody is coming over, I may as well not do the dishes.

Josi said...

I love flylady--I've done the whole e-mail thing twice, for about 4 months each time until I got a good routine. And yes, I've slacked since I don't get the reminders, but I'm a lot better than I was before. I think her motivations are awesome and I can finally say without embarrassment that I just feel better when my house is in order--I just do. Glad you're fluttering :-)

Overwhelmed! said...

I think I signed up for Flylady once but was overwhelmed with the bombard of emails I received. I just started filtering them out into the trash.