Thursday, June 05, 2008

Crazy 8s (Harder than it looks)

8 things I'm passionate about:
AJ
H
this week’s baby (Dabnis)
the gospel
personal responsibility
flossing
statistical integrity
food

8 books I have read recently:
The Baby Name Wizard
Go Dog, Go
Uglies
Pretties
Specials
Extras
How Green was my Valley
Eclipse

8 things I often say:
H! no, no!
cracker!
I love you
I’m starving
This one really is my favorite.
That's crazy-talk
Your mom!
Fabulous.

8 things I look for in a friend:
common ground
easy conversation
sense of humor
likes me
doesn't mind a little noise
empathy
balance
size 8 shoe (j/k!)

8 things I want to do before I die:
birth this baby already
retire
raise my childrens right
serve a mission with AJ
learn to sew
love the people I have a hard time loving
a pull-up
cut AJ's hair
(This list was a lot longer 10 years ago. Guess I already did that other stuff?)

8 things I have learned this past year:
If you cry in your manager's office enough, you may just score a new manager.
An effective way to show that you're done with a meal is throwing your food on the floor and/or smearing it in your hair.
I'm politically pliable.
Owning a vacuum doesn't make you an adult, choosing to listen to talk radio makes you an adult.
I have great soil. Really great.
Just because something worked for you before doesn't mean it will continue to work for you in all sorts of situations.
Just because something isn't working doesn't mean it will never work. Pick & choose what deserves persistence.
The ASL sign for "pasta" is wiggling your hands in the air about head height and having a really overjoyed look on your face.

4 comments:

karin said...

This great but I want photos of the little boy (do I sound like DAD?).

chunkymonkey said...

I thought you said soul, instead of soil, and it still made perfect sense.

Thanks for the ASL of pasta, but will it work for noodles, too?

I hate to break it to you, but having recently been there, this baby had better not come very soon! And then you'll be even more tired and wonder, what was I thinking a month ago? But you already know that.

Heather said...

"a pull up" bwahaa haa! I don't even know if I can do one, but I love that it is on your list!

I'm and 8.5-9 shoe, I hope we can still be friends

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Dabnis shout-out with this week's baby.