Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Talk about Romance

I'm still catching up a bit. Last week, AJ (with some help) painted our bedroom. It's gorgeous. I'll put in pictures when I get the chance/remember. But during that time, our bed was up against a wall in another room. AJ slept on the couch downstairs and H and I shared a room, since we have a spare twin in there.

For additional background, I'd like you to know that I sleep normal hours during the week, and on weekends I try to sleep for the fetus. I (try to) sleep in, take naps, whatever. So I was a bit concerned about Saturday morning, with me sharing with our sweet angel and AJ all the way downstairs.

Ready for the romantic part? This is almost mushy: at 6am, our little guy decides it is Time to Get Up. Before I can even roll my fat pregnant self over, AJ is up the stairs and taking care of everything. He changed H's diaper and whisked him downstairs for some breakfast, allowing me about 2 more hours of sleep.

I am in love with this man.
No, wait. This man.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find that crazy picture?

karin said...

Who is that man and what is all around him? (he doesn't look like AJ)

That is similar to my Saturday but really different. We should call each other.

chunkymonkey said...

I am glad you clarified b/c I could only see the other guy the whole time I was reading and then I laughed.

Heather said...

Ok AJ totally rocks in the husband/daddy department!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

what a great guy! he is really helpful with H and I am always impressed with that.
Post a pic. I want to see it done

Ann said...

Is it ostrich feathers??

AJ is Superman in disguise, in that he rescues fair damsels in (sleep) distress and protects (unborn) children.

Aleese and Scott said...

What a good husband. Those are the best days when you get to have a little more shut eye and Dad takes care of everything.

Unknown said...

To answer your questions, a few months ago I was shopping online for a feather duster. that picture was too good to pass up.

Sam and Fam said...

He's a keeper. But, you're worth all the effort honey!

Kristy said...

That first guy kinda looks like Liz's dad, the Colonel (what a weird way to spell it! There's not even an 'R' in it!). I like that you call him "the fetus". And I'm glad that baby-daddy takes care of baby so baby-momma can get some rest!