Thursday, March 29, 2007

An Addendum to Previously Posted Good News

AJ was awarded a teaching assistantship at NC State this fall! That means they pay his tuition and health insurance, plus a monthly stipend. Since he's a first year, I'm guessing his responsibilities will include about 10 hours a week of grading papers for undergraduate classes, and maybe an office hour or two.

We're going to be living on easy street from here on out! (J/K, but it is a huge relief.)
Okay, this photo is months ago, and I had just woken him up, but you can imagine that it's his look of relief and joy when he found out the good news. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine his relief and joy! Congratulations on less stress. Welcome to easier street.

Ann said...

YEE HAW! I'm doing a little happy dance for you and your great news! Good job, AJ!

karin said...

CONGRATS to AJ (and I guess you too)! See BBR is just waiting for everything to really be perfect before he comes, he isn't going to believe the things you tell him :)

*Thank you for the photo, it took me down memory lane.

Tatiana said...

Wow, I didn't know you were so far along!! How exciting! Our little boy is due June 15th. So we have about 12 weeks left to go.

Elizabeth said...

aj can always lighten his grading loud by teaching a unit on "settlers". if you tell me what he will be teaching i can totaly make it sound ligit....i learned the skill of bs in grade school. congrats to you both