Monday, March 19, 2007

Under Contract

Things are HAPPENING for the Righters, my friends. AJ and I are under contract to buy this lovely new town home. Closing date is 23 April. We ought to have a 2 week old baby at that time. At first I wasn't nuts about the cedar shingling on the second story, but I'm okay with it now. And I love the porch.

As you can see, it's still in the construction phase a little. Under the brown paper in the living and dining rooms is the most lovely hardwood floor you can imagine. You can see AJ and our realtor Cameron looking out the backdoor (through the kitchen) to make sure the drainage in the backyard is fine.



Our kitchen cabinets make me happy. So does all the counter space. I think if you took our last 3 apartments' counter space and put them all together you would get close to what we have here. :)
This here is the second bedroom with attached bathroom. I never claimed to be an awesome photographer.

And here we have the master bedroom with its enormous walk-in closet. The master bath, of course, has a garden tub with separate shower and a double vanity.

This last photo is of the funny anecdote of the day. AJ wanted to make sure that this town home was the right one for us. So we decided to check out some of the neighboring ones nearby. AJ and Cameron went on ahead while I was taking a few pictures. I knew which they had gone into and that they went through the backdoor. So I followed. The mud looked, well, muddy, but they had to have gone through it, so I went. It was sticky. And sinky. I got about 1/2 way across when I lost my shoe, and my foot kept going. I tried to back up and couldn't. I hollered for AJ and I was laughing, but when he didn't come I started to cry, because that's what pregnant girls in the mud do? Finally they came and rescued me and explained that the wood planks along the periphery were for walking and that mud would stain everything it came in contact with. So I threw away my shoes and socks and sat in the car barefoot. The shoes had it coming anyway. They were just my comfy faves, so I hadn't gotten to that throw-away point quite yet, though they probably deserved it.
Then we stopped by the Carriers (who live a stones' throw from our new pad) to meet Scott's grandparents and eat some awesome pie, and Ali loaned me some socks.
Later we met with the Bells and Cousin Liz for dinner, and Liz brought some flip-flops for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new house!! Especially since I can yell to you over the trees from my house.

Got that other Stewarts? :) You get three for the price of one when you come to visit. Very tempting, isn't it.

Anonymous said...

super cute Em!!

Hmm...fun housewarming gifts that can be sent via the USPS???

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and these are the nicest looking townhomes in the whole triangle. The builder gave them all so much character. They are really colorful like Rainbow Row in Charleston, SC. Every time I drive by, I admire them (for 3.5 years now).

karin said...

Very exciting! I love the mud story (even though you called me right after it happened, still hilarious). Don't forget to call when you are at the hospital (please DON"T call between 1AM-9AM PST).

Ann said...

What a CUTE house! I love the cedar shingles! Wood floors, guest bathroom, gorgeous kitchen-- it's all FABULOUS!

You know, a 8 month pregnant lady stuck in the mud paints a really funny picture in my head! I'm glad you were rescued.

Anonymous said...

Ann, it was even funnier when she showed up at my house barefoot on a really yucky day. Good thing I had pie and socks I guess.