Friday, March 30, 2007

Blame Karin for this one

Last night I was chatting with Karin, which is pretty common, and she was like, Hey, I thought you were going to start posting daily so I have something to read. And I was all, I don't DO anything, and nothing happens to me. Tonight we did our taxes and earlier I got a nursing bra in the mail, and that's it. She was like, put your Thoughts About Life on the internet or something. Can't say I have many of those either, though.

Right now I'm eating a pasta salad I made yesterday and 2 Legit 2 Quit is running through my mind. The internet was not functioning properly this morning. AJ has explained to me about 5 times what to do to fix it when this happens. Well, I never once paid attention, because why should I? He knows how to fix it. I have access to him. But this morning I had already called him like 3 times for just dumb stuff. So I felt a little silly calling again and asking for something I should already know because he tells me all the time. But he was really nice and patient and AJish about the whole thing.

I think in general pasta salad smells awful and tastes delicious. See, this part can be profound, and please excuse the cliche: you can't judge a book by its cover. Take me, for example. I look like a nice, fun pregnant girl. You'd never know what a wreck I am all the time. Answering the phone is almost like hanging out with a room full of squirrels. Okay, yes, I am totally exaggerating. Nothing is that bad.

Today I have an Outing planned. I am SO excited. Ali is coming over and we're going to Disneyland. I mean Target. And maybe Old Navy. And if we're feeling crazy, Costco, to get a membership. A business membership, because Ali has a legitimate business, and that way we all can have our own cards. I eat a lot of chocolate ducks, speaking of Ali and of eating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

now this is the emily I remember and love :)

Anonymous said...

Although the best part of the outing was the nap I took on your couch.

Ann said...

Oh an outing! I want one! I think I'm going to hire a babysitter on Monday or Tuesday and Evan and I will go see a movie, or get our nails done, or both! Or go to the bookstore! I love that. (Spring break is here and my husband is still in Malaysia. I'm starting to go nuts.)

PS- I totally agree with you about pasta salad.

karin said...

See Em we all enjoy your post about random things. YOU'RE WELCOME!

I want chocolate ducks and a nap (okay I would be happy with a shower but Bryan and Dad left and Beebe is putting Con down for a nap and the power keeps going out so I am afraid if I leave my cute boys to their own devices, we could have a bad situation).

Unknown said...

Is the Malasia thing figurative?

I think the best part of the outing was that Ali paid our waitress in change rolls and stacks of dimes.

Ann said...

No, not figurative. Pie is in Malaysia. Visiting family. I just got an email asking what I thought about him staying a couple more days. I'm not emailing back yet because I have to get over the initial shock of "NO! GET HOME RIGHT NOW!"

I got another email from you, Emily saying you were headed to the hospital!!! Is this an April Fools? If it is, it's a GREAT one!! I'm all excited now!

Anonymous said...

It was for April Fools and I was let in on the joke early in the day. I have had to admire Emily's evilness for this practical joke. I am not sure I even have the cajones for this one.