Monday, April 02, 2007

Dream

Last night I had a dream, and I wish I remembered all of the particulars, because I think they were pretty great. I'll try to hit the highlights. I had a meeting, in a back upstairs room of a club. Usually we went in the backdoor and right up the stairs to get to this meeting, but today we were instructed to just go to the front door, the bouncers would let us in, and walk through the club to the back. So we did. (I don't know who we is.) As we're going up the back stairs, I see there's a large man going up in front of us. A very large man. Since my Dating Large Men stint, I'm pretty good at estimating weight. This guy had to have been near 400 lbs. (Okay, I never dated anyone that big.) The guy then stopped on the narrow staircase. He was just too tired to continue or something. So I offered to give him a push from below. I'm pushing and pushing with all of my might. He's not budging. In my dream, I am still 9 months pregnant. Finally, and I mean finally, because a good chunk of this dream I'm pushing this enormous man up a staircase with no results, he decides he'll try to move. And as he takes steps, it becomes really easy to help him out and get him going. He reaches the top, and I wake up.

After having analyzed a dream or two with my good friend Sam Bates, I decided this one was easy enough to tackle on my own. The baby is not coming out until he's good and ready, and no amount of dark chocolate and pedicures will make him come any faster. And I've known this, and y'all have known this, but my subconcious caught up last night. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop on the dark chocolate though. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Fetey in my estimation will arrive a week after Easter.

Anonymous said...

I think it means you are worried about pushing this baby out. since you say a good part of the dream was about pushing...

Didn't your mom say Root Beer floats are the way to induce babies?!

Ann said...

Yes, but (hopefully!) Fetey will be no where near 400 pounds!

Anonymous said...

i still say that you should send fetey and eviction notice. you could also do what the police to do to get fugatives out of buildings while holding people hostige...you could play really bad music really loud. for example...you could put headphones on your stomach (i mean there's no need for you to sufer too) and blast some celion or clay gakin at him. good luck w/ evicting little dabnis.----cousin liz

karin said...

I am glad your subconcious has finally caught up with the rest of us. Seriously the longer the better (I know you don't want to hear that but honestly much easy in than out), ask Ann how much sleep she has been getting lately.

Mom Unscripted said...

Hey, I'm a bit out of the loop, when were you due? My kiddo came 2 days before her due date and that was thanks in most part to my Dad. He made me walk from about 11 that morning in everyplace he could think of, hours in Walmart, Lowes you name it. I went into labor 9 that night.
Oh names? I think I missed that too.