Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The suggestion box is open

Yesterday I had my weekly checkup and I am dilated 1 1/2 cm. This might be cause to rejoice, because things are finally moving along, but it kind of hurt to be checked, so I did not have a party last night to celebrate.

We're pretty near settled on Hyrum for a first name. (Thanks, Chelle, for suggesting it in the first place!) We can't seem to choose a middle name. Help! Had he been born on St. Patrick's Day, I was fully ready for Hyrum Patrick Righter. If he had been born on my best friend from early high school's birthday, we might've gone with Hyrum Kelly Righter. If he's born on Easter, I don't want Hyrum Jesus Righter. I'm just not quite Mexican enough for that.

It looks like the day won't determine his name. Here comes the audience participation part: what are your suggestions? I want something a little more mainstream to balance his slightly unusual first name (though AJ doesn't care a bit about that. He's still pushing for Melchizedek.) James is out. And sorry, Ali, Karen/Phil, and Cousin Liz, I just can't do Dabnis, even though I love the Cosby Show as much as the next person. Otherwise, what have you got?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hyrum Stewart Righter, Hyrum Nielson Righter, Hyrum Steven Righter, Hyrum Michael Righter,

that's all I can think of now.

karin said...

Good suggestions Heather. I was just lurking on blogs last night and someone was asking for people to vote on the names they had it narrowed down to, someone commented that they wished they had named their son her maiden name.

I went on babynames.com and the name of the day is LAKYLE (unisex). But a name that a model named her son recently (you could use either) LUCAS ALEXANDER.
But I like family names as the middle name. I hope other people put down real suggestions too. It's always fun to get lots of suggestions.

Karen B said...

Hyrum Dred Rico Righter. He will never get beat up.

Karen B said...

In all seriousness though, I think Hyrum Stewart Righter is a winner.

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

PS- YAY! for the 1.5 cm! But don't get too excited. With Dean I walked around for almost 5 weeks dialated to a 3.

Chelle / Chel said...

Hyrum Mack Righter. Sounds awesome to me. Here's a blurb on the namesake.

I love this suggestion box!

Chelle

Anonymous said...

You could always do what your parents did and skip the middle altogether. My dad's parents just gave him a letter that didn't stand for anything at all. Although, I also like Hyrum Stewart Righter. I will be tempted to call him Stewey though.

shauni said...

Colby's middle name is Hyrum and I really like it. For some reason I keep thinking Hyrum Joseph, those names just seem to go well together. I also really like family names- Stewart is great. I also like scriptural middle names- Hyrum Moroni, Hyrum Helaman is pretty cool, Hyrum Nephi, Hyrum Noah- although with a scriptural middle name you run the risk of people thinking you are religious, especially with Hyrum as a first name! Good luck.

Elizabeth said...

if it can't be hyrum dabnis righter then i have to vote for hyrum rufflebum righter.

if not...hyrum stewart right is a good second choice.

from cousin liz