Thursday, April 05, 2007

Nine Months Pregnant

I want to come up with some analogies to late pregnancy.

Being 9 months pregnant is like being:

a drunken sailor - I lurch around a lot. Yesterday I got in the shower with my glasses on and didn't realize it until it was getting way too steamy. Out of 3 cans I opened yesterday, I dropped/spilled 5 of them. Yeah, those numbers are right.

a toddler - much like the drunken sailor. We saw one in the doctors' office the other day and AJ was just laughing at how much he moved like me.

a lab rat - all the poking and touching and measuring and staring, and the sympathetic looks from everyone outside the cage

a twisty straw - liquid is frequently coming up

a take a penny cup - everybody feels obligated to put in their 2 cents

I'm sure there are a million more, but I have difficulty focusing much. Normally I wouldn't post today because I want to let the middle name one soak in a little more and invite extra responses. I do appreciate what we've got going on so far. Hopefully within a week or so we'll let you know the final decision!

6 comments:

Karen B said...

the fat happy Buddha (aka Bodhisattva Maitreya)-everyone keeps rubbing your belly (I don't know if it's for luck)

Karen B said...

Sumo Wrestler-AJ told me you prefer to walk around without any pants on.

karin said...

sumo wrestler- because you also do not wear a shirt!

very funny! I am glad you posted.

Anonymous said...

Dave's hot dog dream, because neither that or your dream of Fetey coming out will come true this week.

Ann said...

How about a fish out of water, because breathing is HARD!

shauni said...

I love all of these analogies, all very true.