Here in North Carolina, Good Friday is a state holiday. No kidding. So everybody has today off work, including AJ. Last night we made arrangements with our friends to walk the dogs around the lake today. There are 4 dogs. Jack Jack Emelianoff is AJ's special friend. (AJ runs with him to chase squirrels, always wrastles with him, plays with the tug, etc.) They all just left, with bags of old bread to give to the ducks, but not to the geese. I no longer have the stamina to make it around the lake. I'm hoping to make it to the mailbox today. Later we'll all go eat somewhere, maybe Chipotle.
Good Friday seems like a horrible name for this holiday. So I looked it up on Wikipedia, and they hypothesize it came from God's Friday, which is quite a bit more comfortable for me entomologically.
I don't want to hate and fear the geese anymore. It is their nature to be aggressive, B E aggressive. We can expect people to change individually, but I think it's asking a bit much to ask a species to change. What we can ask is that our neighbors don't feed the geese on the front lawn inviting goose poop everywhere. Little civic responsibility, please.
Baby Boy Righter update: he is trying to escape through the side of my abdomen. AJ thinks it's the coolest thing ever. It's like someone stuck a doorknob right under my skin and is moving it around for your viewing pleasure. I try to tell the little guy there's only one way out, but he hasn't caught on yet. But if you can't reason with a toddler, it makes sense that you can't with a fetus, either. Sigh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
And then Jack Jack caught a duck and got a mouth full of feathers. It was the best day of his whole life.
Em, you make me smile. B E A G G, R E S S I V E!
I always heard that Good Friday got it's name because it was the most important day for the whole human family and it was "Good" in that way.
I hope you have had your baby by now! I just read on your fetus tracker that you only have one day to go and I am sure you are misserable! If you have, congrats and if not- good luck!
L's foot was always visible and she layed so far to the left I walked angled to the left. She used to kick AC (husband) if I layed too close or he rested his arm on my belly.
Oh and there must be some clovers in the atmostphere. I say O E O E O Ice ice ice. if I'm right and you are quoting a certain movie you'll get it, if not, I'm an idiot but you already knew that.
Post a Comment