Today I got my membranes stripped. It is as nasty as it sounds. A little hurty, too. I am still at 1.5 cm. The good? news is we scheduled my induction: Monday, April 16. I learned some new things, though. The reason they don't just induce you when the baby is ripe is because you're more likely to need a c-section than if you just spontaneously go into labor. However, c-section rates are equal from induction 1-2 weeks after the due date, so 1 week is what my people go for.
Since my birthday is on an 11th, I thought it would be nice if our son's was, too. I still have hopes, albeit subdued. Tax day doesn't sound so great, but maybe it would be a memory jogger for people. Every year as you do your taxes, remember that some sweet little boy would've liked for you to come to his birthday party instead. Oh, I just got this sad mental picture of a 4 year old sitting at an empty picnic table with some droopy balloons. Maybe the 16th is best.
Today before we went to the doctor I had AJ take a picture of me for our son of The Day Before He Was Born. Sorry the camera is in the car. And that I'm so bummed about my lack of additional dilation that I'm writing this sad, sad post. I did promise Karin to try to post daily, though. Glad she didn't mention anything about the quality of the post. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Induction scheduled! The end is in sight! YOU WON'T BE PREGNANT A WEEK FROM NOW!
See this is what people want to know right now. Not everybody is me and going to call, because you had told me earlier that you were going to the doctor's, to see about the bambino. I am serious about the walking, just do a little bit throughout the day, I promise it will help.
I got a big refund this year, so I'll happily celebrate your kids birthday on tax day.
Ok, so I typed up a really long comment and then the computer ate it. The gist of it was, tax themed birthday would be awsome since everyone would come to your kid's party, do their taxes, see what a big refund they will get and be VERY genrerous with the gift giving.
Also, Liz thinks you should name your baby a tax themed name. Ali suggets Maximillion or Max for short. I say combine AJ's family names and call him Hyrum Righteroff or Rightoff.
happy day for you Emily! I know it would be much happier if that baby were out but at least there is a known end, if not before the 16th. Let me know if you need anything...we will be up there in a flash, well maybe closer to an hour but we will be there!
Good luck! It is true about early induction and c-sections (at least for me anyways). I was induced on my due date with Ammon and ended up having a c-section. My Mom always went over her due date too- I always used to joke about gestating like an elephant. I hope you go into labor on your own today, but if not good luck on the 16th. That's a great birthday.
Post a Comment