Friday, April 13, 2007

Errands & Dreams

Lately I'm not much into driving. My belly is fat and I'm awkward enough that turning to look behind me isn't really an option. But today I had to mail off our tax stuff, so I ventured out. It was a successful errand, so to celebrate, I decided to take myself to Goodberry's, the local frozen custard place. And since I was halfway to where AJ and his boss were working, I called and offered them some, too.

They had been sanding, and AJ looked a little like a snowman. And now I'm at home, eating the featured concrete of the day, lemon custard with coconut and macadamia nuts mixed in. It's a much better feeling than the one I had when I woke myself up out of a nasty nightmare this morning. I had just beat up the woman AJ was leaving me for. Even 9 months pregnant I took her pretty easily. But it was a pretty life-shattering dream for me. The dream before that we were having a slumber party at the Bell's and my water broke. That was a good dream.

I've been really crabby the last few days. Maybe when the baby comes I can calm down a bit already.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've been really crabby the last few days. Maybe when the baby comes I can calm down a bit already."

um, give yourself a month for your hormones to settle down.

Tell AJ it is his job to help this baby hurry up and be born. He should be glad to help.

Anonymous said...

Just think of all the Chipotle I'll be bringing you after you're done laboring. : )

Ann said...

I'm glad you'll be feeding her, Ali. I was STARVING after all my babies.

I have a birthday cake all ready to make when you're ready, Em. We'll be celebrating Jr's birthday on the West coast with a little rainbow chip frosting. Yum.

Anonymous said...

That is what I hear from everyone Ann. Em was supposed to post again today so that she wouldn't give the false impression that she went into labor. She did have one isolated contraction while we were yard sale-ing, but that was it. My guess is she'll make it to game night. Although we keep teasing AJ that she'll go into real labor just as soon as he's winning Settlers.

karin said...

I have been crabby for a over a week and I don't have the excuse of being more than 9 months prego. I think that would be hilarious if you did go into labor during a winning round of Settlers, maybe that should be your new goal.

I want birthday cake now (thanks a lot Ann).

karin said...

Good job on driving yourself somewhere, we have discussed how hard that is for you.