Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Cheer

In lieu of a Christmas card this year, I would like to share with all of you a beautiful Christmas Story. Please don't think that this is one of those sappy made up things, it happened to my dear friend named Kristy, formerly of The Roommates.
You see, Kristy is with child and is pretty nearly housebound. One cold winter day last week, she looked out her window to see her Korean neighbor hanging Christmas lights. Then his ladder fell. He was stuck on the roof. He tried calling a few people on his cell phone. Nothing. Meanwhile, Kristy called her husband, just to share this beautiful story. He didn't quite believe it, so Kristy took these photographs below. Then she took her pregnant self outside and helped her neighbor with the ladder, as he had given up and was sitting on the roof in the cold. What did he do then, you ask? Come right down and save his tom-foolery for when someone was home? No! He lifted the ladder up onto the roof so he could do the second story! The End. Merry Christmas.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emily! I'm so glad you're telling this story to the world! It was one of the greatest things I've seen in quite awhile!

AJ said...

Maybe next time he'll get smart and go out one of those convenient second story windows he is posing in front of - no ladder needed.

Anonymous said...

He's doing it in honor of Clark Griswald.

karin said...

I enjoyed that. Much better than any Christmas card I have received.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Emily,

Happy Birthday!! And some other junk.

Sincerely,
Madame Carrier

Aleese and Scott said...

I enjoyed the story. Nice to have a change of pace. Hope you are having a good Christmas season.

Elizabeth said...

Happy 29th Birthday Emily!!!! I hope that you have a great day and that you get to do something...as "The Awesomes" would say...AWESOME!!!!

chunkymonkey said...

Happy Birthday! We have a special song for you, but I don't know when you are not working, awake (the 3 hour difference) and Con is not napping. We will try and then probably try again.