New calling: I am now the 14-15 year old Sunday School teacher. I love teaching, but teenagers are tricky. That whole get-their-attention-and-keep-them-focused-on-the-lesson thing is kind of hard. But this is the sort of challenge I relish.
New policy: I do not feed H at night. (Here night is defined as between 11:30pm and 4am). AJ has been a big help in this one: if H can't see the food source, our theory is that he will not want it. Last night was the first success we've really had. Just in time to go across 3 timezones to ruin our hard work. Good thing my family is worth it!
New baby: not mine! Little Leah Bell! She's just as precious as can be, and we now refer to H as "Last Week's Baby" (Thanks, Cousin Liz!) Leah is a little angry, though, that she now has to work to get food, because up until she was born last week, it came right to her now belly button. Wah, wah, wah, you little crybaby. It only gets worse from here on out. She's always been really well behaved in front of me, though. I think she's a teeny little pixie of joy, and I think it's funny that she is small and dark instead of big and orange.
Note to Karin: I took some pictures and videos, but I just don't have time/access to post them right now. You'll see H on Saturday anyway. Wah, wah, wah, you little crybaby. J/K, I swear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You get to go home for Christmas...how fun!! I am so excited for you. Hope all is well at your house. I will be back in the blogger loop very soon...
I fully agree with your new policy. Last Week's Baby is big enough to go 6 hours without eating. Evan has not accepted the same policy at our house as easily as kids 1-3. He is quite vocal in the night about his "hunger". Hopefully H will be convinced that sleeping is the hip thing to do.
I am glad you are excited about your new calling- I would be terrified!
Your new policy is funny. You guys are suckers for that kid, he runs the house. Good luck with that when he gets has a cold.
I LOVE that the Big Orange Baby is not big or orange and I wonder how fussy she really is, babies just like to hear themselves because they can now.
Firstly, try a round of the cheese game with your teenagers. It will give you all sorts of street cred. Secondly, last week's baby was hilarious when he got all jealous of you holding Leah. Thirdly, Leah got a lot less screechy once the lactation specialist taught her and her mama how to feed correctly. She's pleasant most of the time now and goes longer between feedings. She was visiting with her Auntie and Uncle all afternoon and was very well behaved. She never pulled the cat's ears once, not like little H.
P.S. Being a fauntie is awesome! Welcome to the club.
I wholeheartedly agree with Ali's cheese game suggestion. As one of the original creators of the game I must tell you that entries like Macaroni and Cheese fully count. Also, whenever you have to be absent and they make the missionaries take over you class be sure to tell your class to only play the cheese game and ignore any other lesson being taught. It will help preserve the integrity of the game.
Secondly, I really expect that by the end of January H will be standing on his own. I saw him the other day and that kid is ready to move. None of that crawling garbage, he'll start cross country in the fall.
I taught that age in Sunday School once. It wasn't that bad. There were a few chair tilters, and wall-leaners. But overall, everyone was pretty respectful. Good luck.
-Chel
Post a Comment