At home I have some great video footage of our little
corporate social stair climber. I don't have it with me. But this morning's discussion on the way to work was extremely thought provoking, so I feel you should be in on it. Karen and I carpool on Fridays. There was a rather creepy fellow leering at us from the back seat of an extended cab pick up. Karen didn't see him. I told her to thank her lucky stars, because he was super creepy.
Then ensued a discussion on who our lucky stars are. Karen's are Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hanks, and Will Smith. Mine are Luke Wilson, Ron Howard, and Natalie Portman. So, say we get a good tax return this year: to show my gratitude I will write a letter to my lucky stars, thanking them for their part in it.
So, who are your lucky stars? (It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to come up with them, because that's not lucky at
all.)
7 comments:
This is the fan letter I sent to Reese Witherspoon.
THIS IS FAN MAIL
February 29, 2008
Fax: 310-272-0070
Dear Reese Witherspoon,
This morning, on my commute to work, my car pooling friend saw a rather skeezy fellow that I didn’t see and she told me to thank my lucky stars that I didn’t have to see him. That made me wonder, who are my lucky stars? I decided to pick stars that seemed to have a lot of luck themselves and could afford to share a little. I picked you, Will Smith and Tom Hanks. Although I actually admire your skill much more than them, I think all of you are pretty lucky. I’m not discounting your talent and intelligence as playing a major part in where you are today but still, you could have turned out like some of the other stars who have had some hardships. I just figure if you're lucky, and your sending out your lucky vibes, I might as well have some. It’s like The Secret, for Hollywood.
Anyhow, thanks for sending some luck my way so I wouldn’t have to look at creepy people on the highway. My friend's lucky stars are Luke Wilson, Ron Howard and Natalie Portman. If you see them around, let them know they need to step up the luck sharing. She not only had to look at the creepy man but my baby pooped all over her carpet.
XXOO,
Karen
i am wondering if lucky stars are stars who make it really big and who are successful or really sucky stars who are darn lucky to make it as far as they have. i am going with the latter. my lucky stare are....K-Fed, Steve Guttnberg, and Ralph Macchio.
oh...and karen is a genius.
Pie makes fun of me about Denzel Washington. Because he's talented as well as so darn handsome. Before the goatee, that is. So he must be my lucky star.
i can't embed this ....so here is the link...emily, i order you to go to the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjWGjT5fP24
Let us know if you get a reply Phil. I would have to say that my lucky star is Madonna. It should be obvious why.
not a problem. Donny Osmond! ok stop it. No, it's a generation thing for me, 80's Bette Midler, 90's it's all Mel. Mel Gibson. Before the movie about the crusifixion. Now, oh that darn Matthew McConaughey is just so easy to look at. I feel lucky to see him on the big screen. But Denzel does bridge all three decades. he's pretty too.
Post a Comment