Monday, February 25, 2008

I Quit My Job Today *edited*

Did AJ just freak out? Did he? I wish that title weren't a lie. It's a lie, everyone. I'm still employed. Just miserably so. I actually like what I do, when I get to do it. Most of my time these days is charged to admin. Add that to missing my cute little H everyday, and feeling a bit, ahem, unwell, and there you have it.
I meet with my manager in less than an hour. I hope to express my professional frustrations with him. Sadly, these things rarely go well for me. I am a doormat. I say, "okay", "sure", "I understand", "oh, that's fine" and I really wish I would stand up for myself now and then.
Love you all,
Emily
ps, the meeting went well. Even though I broke my pen and I cried. Turns out my manager is a nice guy. :)

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I was happy for you for about a second, until I remembered that you are a liar! Sorry work is so poopy right now for you!

Anonymous said...

Fib! How many points do I get. Just remember to stay focused and find a nice way to make him take responsibility for your lack of work.

Karen B said...

Or not? Now that the review is over is it still a lie?

Ann said...

You could always quit, then sell your house, find a tiny little rental in the woods which you could fill with 5 kids before AJ is done with grad school and live on TAships and student loans. It's been done before.

Heather said...

uh, did I miss the "unwell" part? Was there a blog post about this that I missed?

Hang in there, I hope the job magically gets better soon!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

sorry friend! Take a sick day and come visit with me!

Aleese and Scott said...

I did that when I worked also it doesn't seem very fair when you do all the work and the wrong people get credit for it! Sorry it's not going so good.