Well, friends, it looks like Mittens is out of the race. I will miss him. This country needs to be run like a business, and he was the only candidate I felt could do a great job at that. Now my inclination would be to throw my support behind Ron Paul. They told me to Google him and I did. I like him. He has some ideas I don't agree with, like vouchers for homeschooling. (I think that will encourage even more people who aren't qualified to educate their children to hop on that bandwagon - not that there's anything wrong with homeschooling per se. That is a topic for another post.) Ron Paul may be a little wacky, but small government appeals to me. The main problem with him is he doesn't have a snowball's chance in H-E-double-toothpicks.

What to do? Friends, as it seems to have come down to Hill-Billy, Barrack O'Boyfriend, and Old Man McCain, I think I'm forced to choose the most innocuous: Mr. Obama of Illinois. I don't think that he's a secret jihadist. I think he won't do a good thing for the national debt or the economy, but well, slim pickin's, folks.
My mom just called to offer her condolences. I thought that was really sweet, because, well, obviously I needed it.
10 comments:
Well Em, I think you might just be a libertarian my dear. You really should start reading our friend Shawn's site because he's a libertarian too. Someday you'll meet him, someday soon.
http://shawnmacomber.typepad.com/primitivereturns/
You know my heart is with Obama.
Who are They?
Em, I too think my least fav's in the Republican Party are left and am also looking at Obama and Ron Paul, if he were not such a nuttish kinda guy, but I've liked most libertarians that I know of, so this is not a surprize. But, for the record, I have officially declined to declare because the Reps and the Dems drive me crazy with all their politic-ing and we really do have a strong two-party system. That DEC on my voter registration is my political statement.
No more commenting now b/c I have homework and naptime is too short.
Well, you saw what Bryan posted not even an hour after he saw McCain won CA. I wonder if he will vote, I really don't know who to vote for now. And I am tired so researching someone that has family values and a good sense of what will help the economy, does NOT sound appealing at the moment (and I am hungry and Bryan hasn't even left work yet). I had better stop commenting.
I'm with you! I was really sad to see Uncle Mitt drop out of the race. Well, to suspend his bid, which I didn't even know you could do. I, too, am now supporting Obama. Taking such a stand could very well get me thrown out of my Rabid Republican family. I don't trust John McCain. To me, all this conservatism is just a sham, and once he has the nomination, the real McCain will show his face again. Obama might not have a lot of experience, but the kind of experience Hilary has (I mean, can you really count your years as First Lady as experience?!) and the kind that McCain has will do nothing to help this country. Really, how much damage could Barack do in just 4 years? Sorry this comment is so long--I guess I just had a lot to say this morning!
Why do I always vote for the losers? It's like my vote for "Mittens" didn't even count. Why do I live in such a stupid state??
The best thing about this post are the nicknames. Mittens is the best, but Hill-Billy is a close second.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I don't do pointy shoes. so uncomfy especially for me!
Hi Emily! I am all set to interview you for the Great Interview Project, but I can't seem to locate your email address. Mine is SparklieSunShine@hotmail.com. As soon at I get yours your interview will be on its way.
I love getting my political news from blogs. It's so much more interesting then the news websites.
I don't have a choice. I filled out my ballot after two very large drinks and ended up voting for Huckabee. Now I'm a laughingstock.
Note to self: Never vote while drunk.
Did you have that picture posted in your trapper keeper for school? Don't feel too bad. The guy I wanted dropped out before the first primary. How much more of a loser am I? To make matters worse I couldn't even remember his name half the time. I just called him that guy from New Mexico. Richardson, his name is Richardson.
i like that you call him mittens....he he he he
Post a Comment