Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good news on the homefront

This morning my alarm rang and I turned it off. Something seemed different. Good-different. Then I realized that I did not wake up between 4:30 and 5am to lonely, hungry little howls from across the hall. That's right - H slept through the night! I got a little giddy at that point. I know he is over 10 months old, but this is a Red Letter Day.
After I brushed my teeth, still marvelling at the uninterrupted night, I realized our sweet little angel hadn't peeped all night. So I had to go and insure he was still breathing. He was, or the title of this post wouldn't begin with "Good news."
I wish I had a video of him sleeping. Boring for many, precious for me.

7 comments:

karin said...

YEAH!!! It doesn't matter how old they are, sleeping through the night is a Red Letter Day! I hope this lasts.

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Ann said...

YIPPEE! Congratulations!!!

This news is second only slightly to the other news you called with over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

What's this, more than one Ali? How confusing.

Aleese and Scott said...

Wow I look forward to those days of a span of sleep longer then 3 hours on a good night.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

those are always good days!

shauni said...

yeah! Sleeping through the night is wonderful! Congrats.