Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Nursery Help

Dear Loyal Readers,
This is trivial, but it has been occupying my mind for some time now, so I'm ready for your opinions. I like the paint colors in H's room. Slate blue on bottom, cream on top, chair rail in between. I haven't decided how to decorate, though. The color scheme invites a nautical theme of sorts, maybe pirates or frogs or duckies. Or a mix. I'm not going to go all out - just curtains, maybe a wall-hanging or two. Just maybe a cute switch plate. I'm a sucker for switch plates. Never actually bought one, but I love looking at them at my neighborhood home improvement store. Another idea is to go cows or farm animals in general, since his pack n play crib has this decor, and he sure loves those dangling cow heads. Or, I could go themeless and just get big wooden letters spelling out his name and paint them and hang them on the wall, and just do solid color curtains to match. OR, if you have other suggestions, I welcome them.
Love,
Mrs. Emily

ps, Diet Dr. Perky is full on nasty compared to Diet Dr. Pepper, who I still love. Deeply.

11 comments:

Karen B said...

Perhaps he would like it to be decorated like Pig/Corn. He does love that crazy rascal. A girl I work with did a sock monkey theme. I personally don't like to be too themey because then what if he ends up really sick of whatever your theme was?

One more thing, I think you hit it on the head when you suggested pirate cows not on your blog.

Chelle / Chel said...

So I have apparently been a total blog visiting slacker. Your layout is new since I visited last. Please just say you did it only last week and that it really is quite new. :)
H is getting big. He's looking more like a little person than a little baby. Very cute.

-Chel

Unknown said...

I really did redo it last week!

And I'm also toying around with making it babyish piratey everything. I found some frog pirate fabric I could make curtains out of . . .

Lisa said...

I think you should do airplanes, I think that would go well with the colors.

Anonymous said...

I vote for kind of a amerciana theme- red and navy with the light blue and white.

-OR-green and navy dinosaurs! With Navy and white gingham cutrians.

-OR- I second the airplane idea. I like this set, and you could do navy or red curtains.

just my 2cents

karin said...

I think you should do basic decorations with a few accessories in whatever theme you decide to go with.

BigA suggests "trains, airplanes, cars, trucks"
So he wants you to do a transportation room with red as an accent color to the colors already in the room.

Ann said...

My blondies' rooms have themes that only I know about, but I'll share them with you. Maybe it will inspire you. Edie's is the "P" room. Periwinkle, pink and princesses (*not* disney princesses, don't insult me by even thinking it!) Evan's is "Stars and Stripes" room, without red. All kinds of grayish blues and white. I have the stripes part, but haven't found the stars that I'm envisioning yet, so that's still to come.

I like the baby pirates idea. Very cute. And when he's 6, you won't need to do much to turn it from "baby" to "big boy".

shauni said...

i also love the airplane idea, and the red accents. I can invision an antique looking red airplane hanging in the corner by some fishing wire, and the large red wooden letters that spell "H"

Anonymous said...

Stick with pirates, it's true to your heart. Also, your next baby is going to be a ninja baby anyway.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

I will come help...whatever you decide. I do love to decorate. I have always liked the letters hung but I am partial to airplanes or trains also (remember Adam's room?!)

chunkymonkey said...

Do what you want because all too soon he will have his own opinion and he will want "cars trains boats and airplanes" or "bolls" more than the "amimals" that you have put all over his room.