Tuesday, September 04, 2007

trial

Things are not going according to plan. I know! I live in North Carolina, the State of Things Working Out for me! So what gives? It turns out maternity leave doesn't count against time in the company as far as the Probation Period goes. That's the most solid reason I have.
Tomorrow morning I will meet with my manager again, this time, with a game plan and schmoozy communication skillz. I will keep you posted. At this point, about all I can hope for is a slight reduction in hours (to 34/week) so I can take care of my son. I cried in my cubicle already, but it was very quiet, so nobody knew. Even though you can hear people typing one cube over.

On the up-side, the Mikkelsens came and helped us to unpack. Our house is actually liveable!

One more thing: Check this out.

7 comments:

karin said...

How nice of them! I hate being in the un-live-able state.
I think regarding things not going your way, just have faith that they will- that is what I am doing in our current "unknowing" stage of life. We are here for a reason, so let's enjoy it and what are we learning from this- we don't get what we want when we want it. I feel like a Nursery teacher- oh wait, I am.

Anonymous said...

I do admire those mustaches! I'm glad you unpacked. Maybe we can have game night at your house again in the near future, although Dave is planning on making Sunday, brisket-Sunday.

Heather said...

I'm a little lost. Are you trying to go to P/T and they are unwilling?

Karen B said...

Your welcome for introducing you to England's mustache contest. We should both get started so we can compete next year.

AJ said...

If you notice, more than half of the bearded people are from Germany. It must be something in the weinerschnitzel.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

I'm sorry that NC is not treating you as nice as it should. Sometimes couples go thru rough spots but the key is to stick it out! Or...just get really really angry and call him not so nice things to your friends

Anonymous said...

It's black Tuesday I tell you... Black Tuesday.