Saturday, September 15, 2007

our home

I had the camera out today to take pictures of things to dump on craigslist, and I thought, hey, why not take a picture of some of the cute things about our new house!
Cutest first! Here's H playing with his rings in his pack n play in the living room.
Of course, some of it I couldn't take pictures of because we're still moving in and I didn't want you to see the mess. It's not that we're slobs, I swear.
AJ has been replacing most of the lights in the house, because he's a bit of a light snob, and I don't mind a bit. We got matching ceiling fans for the living room and the adjacent office.




Lots of back yard shots now: the garden with a huge variety of tomatoes and peppers, cucumbers, and herbs like rosemary & basil.
The little pond/fountain area. Two little frogs live in it, but if you get too close they hide.
The back deck, taken while standing on the back deck. It is that big.
Don't know how this made it in there, but who am I to delete. The light fixture we're getting rid of, in front of the fireplace in the living room. You can also see H's aquarium, which is one of his favorite places to spend time. Now that he's into playing with toys, especially ones he can't drop and lose, the aquarium is a magical place instead of a jail. I love watching him develop his motor skillz. Dang, he's cute.

4 comments:

karin said...

I am glad you posted a photo of your boy first. And the new ceiling fan id fabulous, but are you keeping the old one for a reason?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you'll be able to post pics of your new sconces soon as well. Of course I think that watching Footloose was completely worth putting them off.

Unknown said...

no, the old one is to dump on craigslist!

Karen B said...

I think leaving the old ceiling fan in the living room adds to the decor. You could put a glass table over it and make it into a coffee table.