Friday, January 11, 2008

Frugal Friday

I just found out that Fridays are supposed to be Frugal. The challenge today is to list 5 painless ways you saved $100 last year. I don't know if that is all together or each, but here goes:
1. Library!
2. Child care co-op with Phil
3. Gratefully accepted maternity clothes & baby gear from the whole wide mothering world
4. Breastfed (maybe not entirely painless)
5. Started cooking a little more and eating out a little less

How did you save last year? What tips do you have for those of us hoping to retire by age 35 through frugality alone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four parsons chairs from craig's list. Mildly stained, but nothing I can't fix. : )

karin said...

I cook like a mad woman (most of the time- just not this week).

Your blog doesn't fit on my screen but I do like the look (until I scroll down and see everything I am missing).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
average american said...

WE accepted a lot of hand me downs for my daughter. We only bought things on sale and always kept our heat and air at a consiant temp.