Friday, January 25, 2008

Not to be Outdone

I don't want to be outdone by Emily on her money saving tips, so let me tell you a little about mystery shopping.

I signed up on one of those sites that charges $35 for a list of names of mystery shopper sites. About 9 in 10 sites they listed either didn't have a link that worked or after I signed up I didn't get assignments, etc. So, I don't recommend learning the hard way like I did. But there is one that has been consistently decent. Not amazing, $100 an hour type stuff like they all advertise, but more like $8-20 an hour stuff, depending on how fast you type and get the shops done. A big benefit of this site is the grocery shops they offer, nationwide. They usually pay about $10 to $15 of your grocery bill. I like the restaurant shops personally. For example, Emily and I went with the H to a local place and spent $39 on a meal. They reimburse $35. So, for about 2 hours of my time, we had a great meal and got to take the baby on a date with us. Anyway, it's worth a try. This company has shops nationwide, so sign up if you want! Here's the address:

http://www.baidata.com/

PS - At times, they send a lot of e-mail and it gets annoying - don't say I didn't warn you! Don't worry, it's all about work that you can do, no ads or vendors or spam or anything like that. The other thing is that you need to follow their instructions exactly - if you don't, they don't pay you back for your expenditures and that doesn't save you anything at all.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I was thinking of signing up. Do you get credit for referrals? The site asks for a referral code.

karin said...

I have always wanted to sign up to be a mystery shopper but now I am glad that I never have. But I might have to sign up for the dinner thing- I love to eat out.

AJ said...

I don't know what the referral code is, if they even had one for me. So, sign up and have fun!

Lisa said...

Ok I'm signed up, we'll see what happens!

MyKidsMom said...

Wow! I wanted to do this, but was having trouble finding a good one. Thanks for sharing!