Monday, January 14, 2008

weekend yardwork

H decided that we were the shame of the neighborhood, and since AJ and I were too lazy to do anything about it, he took it upon himself to make our yard presentable.So hardworking, and yet still so cheerful. What a trooper!
After he had bagged up all the leaves, H went in to see what he could do about the windows and the kitchen, so AJ stole the glory and I was his accomplice. After this, H mowed the lawn, filling about 4 more bags with green waste. Already earning his keep - we are so grateful we had that kid when we did. Because we're not only lazy, we're busy and tired too. Thanks, Son!

12 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

Those pictures are so cute he looks like he is enjoying doing yard work good for you starting him out so young...haha

Karen B said...

Tomorrow, at 11:00am, he can start on my yard.

Anonymous said...

Ours too. I keep trying to get Bean to earn his keep, but he won't do it.

Lisa said...

I can't believe it's so green there! We have so much snow I can't even see the dead grass! And wow! H is so handy!

karin said...

I hope he continues earning his keep, I hear the helpful stage goes away (I have not experienced that yet and I hope I never do).

Keep posting photos of H. March is going to to come fast enough.

Chelle / Chel said...

What a good hard worker he is. Nice of you and your hubby to pretend you did it all.

-Chel

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

love it, love it, love it all! What are you guys doing this weekend? I may be up there. I will let you know

Ann said...

I will pay big money towards H's college fund if he can make my yard look like that. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great worker you have! You should go see what *my* H does all day ... LOL

Kim

Anonymous said...

H has a pretty good grip on that rake! nice work!

Anonymous said...

hehehe....hehehe.....that's so cool......Rachael

April said...

You are soooo funny. I love the pics and I guess I better teach Mazie, so that she can catch up with your little man.