Today I was talking to AJ on the phone and he was saying how big and uninviting his homework seemed, and I said "Just set a timer and go for 15 minutes. I think you'll be surprised at how much you're able to get done. It's kind of fun!" and he said: "You've been flywashed." You see, I subscribe to the flylady and it works for me. I get all the emails condensed into one per day so I'm not overwhelmed by it. And I don't do any zone cleaning until I've got that zone decluttered, so I don't feel guilty about not completing my cleaning missions. Our house is getting under control. We are able to invite people over at a moment's notice and then only panic very briefly about getting ready for them. The bathrooms are not nasty. The kitchen gets cleaned regularly. I can set my baby on any floor without worrying about him rolling in filth. Plus, she's free! Peace of mind at no cost at all! Sometimes I even listen to her blogtalkshowthing while I'm at work. I love how she sometimes gets all choked up about things. And I love that she lives in NC. This is lame, but I always keep my eyes open for her on the road. That may have been TMI - sorry.
Also today, I had a moment of brilliance. I was toasting me up a bagel and I knew I needed a beverage but that my carpool would be there before I had time to consume it all. I did not want a diet Dr. Perky to wash down my bagel, because I've done that and it's sick. So I found an old water bottle and poured the last of our milk into it. Brilliant, if I do say so myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
not really about the post but- my phone ate all my phone numbers and I was wondering if you guys were coming down this weekend? call me!
You have been "Flywashed!"
I tried to post earlier and blogger crashed. I don't even remember what I said. Oh well. I have bread for you for Thursday. Maybe I'll bring it by on Wednesday.
Also, AJ would have loved Phil's work baby shower. It was everything he ever dreamed of in a baby shower.
Ali, are we going to get a posting about the work shower?
Karin, It was filled with pink, games, and squealing ladies. Everything AJ would ever want in a party.
Good for you! I fully support Fly Lady. Not with my cleaning skillz of course, but in every other way.
Post a Comment