Today we hosted the Big Meal. First time ever. Fun and delicious. Our friends the Stevensons came from New Jersey to visit for the weekend. The gang came over, and Tiffany the pop star / former federal agent, and the Elders. Of the 3 under 3 in our home, none slept very much last night, so we're all beat, but we're well fed.
Also, as is the tradition with the gang, we doubled up the party by celebrating AJ's 30th birthday. For ages now, he's wanted to play tradish baby shower games, which the rest of us abhor. So we surprised him by playing them for his b-fax (Hey, Jill!). Turns out he really wanted to eat chocolate out of diapers. Little did he know, that's not quite the game. I did mash up thanksgiving foods and put it in diapers and had people guess what they were. The nastiest looking one was pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and diet coke. Lumpy and authentic-looking. We had a bunch of other fun stuff, but it's tired and I'm late.
Also, as is the tradition with the gang, we doubled up the party by celebrating AJ's 30th birthday. For ages now, he's wanted to play tradish baby shower games, which the rest of us abhor. So we surprised him by playing them for his b-fax (Hey, Jill!). Turns out he really wanted to eat chocolate out of diapers. Little did he know, that's not quite the game. I did mash up thanksgiving foods and put it in diapers and had people guess what they were. The nastiest looking one was pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and diet coke. Lumpy and authentic-looking. We had a bunch of other fun stuff, but it's tired and I'm late.
For Karin, you Big Whiner
3 comments:
How could you NOT want to post a photo of you as a baby!? Look at those smiley eyes and pointy chin and big cheeks.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AJ! I find it amusing that you wanted to have baby shower games for your 30th birthday celebration.
Thank you for posting something truly happy (for me anyway).
Keep the photos of the little guy coming.
I just want to say that you were an excellent hostess, despite being so tired. Also, AJ's prayer worked. I have not gotten sick yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
PS - Scott and I really want your stuffing recipe.
Post a Comment