Friday, November 23, 2007

Tagged!

I almost said Flagged as the title, because I couldn't think of the right word and in my line of work, we flag things a lot. Anyway, I have been tagged by Western Warmth, and what a relief, because NaBloPoMo is harder than I thought it would be.
Here are my 7:
  • My vocal chords are messed up and my voice comes and goes, and the froat doctor didn't think it could possibly be due to the volume at which I used to sing "Happy Birthday" but anyone who has celebrated a birthday with me knows better. Anyway, I had vocal chord surgery some years ago, but it's still not great.
  • I've been disowned by my FIL. It's sad, but I'm trying to think it's funny. Because seriously? me? AJ? we're the nicest and coolest! Who wouldn't want to be affiliated with us?And H?! Best baby ever!
  • I learned how to give romantic gifts from watching my parents. I gave AJ a paper shredder for his birthday.
  • I dance. Since my alma mater is the ballroom dance champs year after year, I took some ballroom classes, and I especially loved the latin stuff. I did some swing in high school. I took a tap class when AJ & I were engaged. Mostly, though, I just love to get my groove on. And I'm pretty good at it.
  • The only time I was "grounded" growing up, it was a restriction from books. I would read to the point of excluding nearly everything else (including schoolwork). I regulate myself better nowadays. Hey, made it through a few degrees, didn't I?
  • I love travelling. I like to see new places and hear new accents and taste the "local flavor" and visit people that I love.
  • I am horrible at returning phone calls, and even at answering the phone when it rings. I have no idea why I dread it so. So if you call and I answer , you should feel honored. If I don't answer, well, I left my phone at home that day (and I really do that sometimes - whoops)

There! Now it's your turn, Ali, Karin, Heather, Ann, Katie, Jill, Shauni. Put 7 things on your blog that you haven't really before. Then tag 7. If you can!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really bad about returning phone calls. In fact my answering machine clearly states "..and we will try to remember to call you back".

If I know your number by heart then I'll call you back, but if I have to go look up your number...forget it. You'd best just keep calling until you reach me.

karin said...

Our answering machine is Big A saying "leave a message" no promise of a return call. I try to call back but honestly if you don't leave a message on the home, I won't know you called and the cell phone it depends on what is going on that day and if it is crazy- I don't call anyone but Bryan back (and that is because they are his children and he can suffer for 30 seconds too).
I have been tagged already this week so I might have to combine or something to get it done.

Bobi Jensen said...

We have a few things in common! People get annoyed that I never answer my phone, and I took latin ballroom at Ricks--back in the day...

Anonymous said...

I think I knew about half of this list. We'll see if I get to it. Scott and I are flush with desks that need to be modified to make our office divine and uber functional.

Ann said...

7 things that I haven't already posted about? I'm going to have to think on that one, but it'll come.