Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Missed the turn

All day today we've been missing the turn, literally and figuratively. Right after I dropped AJ off at school he called and said he forgot the videotape that the class of 140 students were to watch that day, could I stop by home and then bring it by? So I did, then H & I went to Targette to run errands. Wednesday is AJ's short day, so I had in my mind when he was due to be picked up, and we headed out, only to discover that I was 15 minutes behind because we were late heading out. And AJ had offered the fellow TA a ride to her car. Whoops. And it just kept going like that all day. The missionaries sat for 15 minutes while we cooked them pancakes and sausage and 4 eggs. Yes, I only had 4. We were late picking up a teacher and late getting to a meeting for him & AJ, because of wrong turns and the funniest part: AJ left his binder on top of the car and it flew off on a pretty trafficky street, so we went back and he and an Elder went and picked it all up . . .Then I was late to visiting teaching because I thought I could find the place, plus I was already running late because of the previous incidents. I wandered around an enormous apartment complex with a very heavy baby in my arms, only to call the girl and find out I was in the wrong complex. Then I didn't take in the diaper bag . . . You get the picture. Well-intentioned day, but the road to heck and all of that.
I'm tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day was just as weird, but for entirely different reasons. It involved Indian food, a butter dish, and a 1/2 gallon milk jug sawed in half.

karin said...

I find that once my day heads in that direction, it usually stays in that direction.
I had a great day, Katie came down, we got free lunch at Red Robin, we ran errands, I went to a quilting thing.
Today has started completely different- LilA has already had to nasty diapers and we haven't gone anywhere yet for fear of what will happen but we are suppose to be to the park in 10 minutes and possibly going to Red Robin again for free lunch.

chunkymonkey said...

I Don't love days like that. I hope today was better.